Thursday, September 14, 2006

Yo-yo quilt, this one I really cheated on. I was out antiquing and found a fabric covered wooden box for sale. It was full of yo-yos not sewn together, and other crochet bits. My nostrils quivered. I asked the price of the box. The lady said $13.

At the time, I was looking for a wooden box to recover for a gift so was in the market. I said, "well I only have $7 on me". I had stuffed it into my jeans as we left the house so I wouldn't spend too much.

She said, oh, but the contents alone are worth that. I sniffed, "Oh, I just want the box". "Fine," she said, "Go ahead and take the whole thing for $7." Ohh, okay, that's fine" heeheeeheeeee all the way home! I still haven't finished sewing all the yoyos together, but it looks great when I get it out to work on it every now and then and looks great in the basket under my quilt rack.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home